Friday, September 7, 2007

School Days



School days are here again and we've survived the first week! (I had full intentions of posting after the first day of school but it seems I wasn't as prepared for this crazy year as I thought I was). Rebecca is doing great in K this year and seems to be really enjoying it. On the first day of school when I asked them how it went Mackenzie said "Third grade is kewl!!!" and Rebecca said "We got chocolate chip cookies for snack!!!" Rebecca has been reporting to me every day what they have for snack...but I have to dig for other details like...what she learned that day. I hope third grade stays "kewl" for Mackenzie...she wasnt too impressed with second grade since they actually had to do work and didn't get to play as much (that's actually what she said last year).

Ok so...no, mom didn't cry. Rebecca didn't cry, and she loves riding the bus. Mackenzie predicted that Rebecca would have to go to the principal's office the first day of school (gee, thanks for the torment, big sister) so Rebecca was very relieved to get home that first day without going to the principal's office. Jessica seems to be in hog heaven with sisters gone. And I think I'm going to have to duct tape Jake to a chair...that's legal, right?

2 comments:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

It looks warmer this year. Do I remember a first day of school pic with Mackenzie wearing a heavy winter coat?

Bubba thinks the same thing about 2nd grade -- a lot of work! No homework though, which is a dream come true for me!

Anonymous said...

The girls look great! I'm glad they give good snacks at their school--that was always a concern for me! :) And yes, duct tape is perfectly legal. I'm sure the Dud used it on all of us at some point! :) Love you!