Well I thought I'd update you on our latest and greatest happenings over here in the Estrogen Ocean. (I wrote this a few days ago, but am just now posting it...)
~ It's cold. Single digits, or less. I was really enjoying the mild weather we'd been having but I guess it's time for snap back to reality. At least we got our first snow. Finally. (update: we're back in the 20s again!! wooo hoooo!!!)
~ Jake learned how his hands feel when they get really cold and start stinging. He didn't like it. At all. Actually it made him quite mad.
~ The electricity went out (remember, single digits) and when it came back on, our TV wouldn't. And no, I promise that doesn't mean there will be any additions to our family. (Since by the 4th pregnancy people were asking us if we knew how those things happen. Yes. We do. Thankyouverymuch.)
~ I'm the worst mom ever. I saw the letter that Rebecca wrote to Santa at school. Other than the $80 stuffed animal that she won't be getting, she also asked for a new coat since hers is dirty. Doesn't that make a momma proud? I'll never be able to get a job at that school!
~ Jessica learned what happens when she sticks her tongue to a metal pole in single digit weather. She didn't like it. At all. The rest of us laughed because we're sympathetic like that. I'm pretty sure she freaked out, but by the time we headed out there she had unstuck herself and came in with her blood-tinged tongue hanging out.
~ I'm pretty sure Mackenzie planted that tongue-to-the-pole seed, but I can't prove it. Not that Jessica has ever needed prompting for anything, though.
~ In better news, our tree is still standing. (Maybe I should wait until after Christmas to report that?) And the dog hasn't peed on it. (Our dog is a girl, so I'm not too worried about that one. It just sounded so hopeful.)
Well, I ran out of colors so I'll stop there. I'm opting out of sending Christmas cards this year. That just sounds better than the previous years where I just didn't get around to it.
Sounds more proactive this way.
Not that I don't love all of you and wish you a Merry Christmas. I think you'll understand.
Jessica wouldn't be in the mood for licking envelopes anyway.
So, I'll keep you posted on any other wild and exciting times going on around here. In the meantime...
Merry Christmas!!
And that's "Christmas" -- with "Christ." Just in case you didn't know.
1 comment:
Heh! That post made me laugh. And yes, it's good to be proactive.
Post a Comment