Monday, January 19, 2009

Jessica's Recap For The Day

Saturday we all sat around and watched the movie Phenomenon with John Travolta. If you haven't seen it (you should) I don't want to spoil it, but if you have seen it this story will make a little more sense. Or at least the initial connection to the story.

At the end of Phenomenon they are having a birthday party. As soon as it's over Jessica turns to me and says (be sure to read this like a 6 year old is telling a story...her voice would go up on the last word of each phrase)...

They had this birthday party...for a dead guy...and his last name was King, but he wasn't really a king, it was just his last name. And his first name was...John Buford...and he got shot.

It took me a second to realize who she was talking about. At first I thought she was talking about the movie, but when she said "John Buford" I realized she meant "Martin Luther" and I started cracking up.

In case you haven't noticed, she's a fake-it-til-you-make it kind of girl.

5 comments:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

That's my favorite MLK Day story.

Sunny said...

Well, today she came home from the MLK day teachings at school and has changed it to "Martin Loofer" so we're making progress!

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

I tagged you...

amerriman said...

It was good to catch up on your pictures and blog. It sounds like you had a fun holiday season.

Shiann Metheny said...

John Buford is a good Southern name!