Friday, May 29, 2009

In the Merry Month of May

Ok so I haven't posted in a month. I am SO on top of things!

So here is the month in pictures...

May seems to be a really good time for sunsets:

I love this!



Usually we can hear Jake saying yelling, "STOP-IT, BECCA!!!" But she's also good for snuggling up with for a movie, too.

(But it's all in turn...when Rebecca was little she would yell, "HUSH! JUST HUSH Tenzie YEN!" ...that's "Mackenzie Lynn")


Well, he's got the most important things on...the boots.

And the diaper!



This is a common scene in our house (but with pants on, or jammies)...Jake running and pushing his dump truck all around the house. He does this at least a hundred times a day.

It makes the girls run and scream because getting rammed by a speeding dump truck is painful on the ol' ankles. He's learned not to ram momma...doesn't like the consequences.


And last but not least....

Oh yes! We got a boat!! Whadda ya think?!

We took it out on it's maiden voyage (for us, anyway...it's a '99) on Memorial Day Weekend! No pressure! Just the busiest day of the year on the lake (so far) and two people who haven't driven a boat in over a decade!

Actually the dock wasn't that crowded. Except for that one guy who made us look like we were pros. I didn't dare laugh because that could have easily been me!

Now, I did take the camera with us on the lake. Really! I DID!!! I just didn't take any pictures.

Jake was not pleased with having to sit down while the boat was going, and that he couldn't lean over the side when the boat was going, and that he couldn't help drive the boat by pushing all the buttons he could reach. Where's the love?! Not to mention that bulky life jacket that was in his way all day.

He'll learn. And he'll like it! Or else we'll strap him to the front of the boat and make him like it. (Kidding of course...don't call CPS!)

No comments: