Warning: If you have a quick gag reflex do NOT read this post. (I figure all two of my readers wont mind!)
Well, a week ago today everything was going well. The kids were healthy and happy. The air was crisp and the leaves were beautiful shades of orange, red and yellow from fall. It was the last day of school for the week because of teacher in-service stuff. Such a happy time.
Now, a week later, I’m cleaning up throw-up from the 4th child because the kids have been good little helpers who shared and shared alike…the stomach bug. The good: it seems to only be a 24 hour bug. The bad: well—you know—throw-up. The ugly: one exhausted mommy. I am also thankful that we’re getting it over with and not dragging it on for weeks and weeks (praying there’s only 1 round per child…and that Stan and I don’t get it). And I’m thankful that they weren’t all 4 at the EXACT same time.
As I was cleaning up the latest round this morning I guess I went into auto pilot (or dementia). I reaffirmed to myself that there’s no way I could be a CSI. I mean, I was pretty good at keeping the contamination from spreading to the rest of the crime scene (although I didn’t always watch where I stepped…but I won’t go there). And I’m pretty good at analyzing the evidence (note to self: remind Jessica to chew her food better). However, I have too hard of a time keeping from adding my own contamination to the current crime scene. Ever since that first pregnancy the whole gag reflex thing has been an issue. I’m sure it’s something I could overcome if I wanted to and tried really hard. I’ll be sure to put that on my list of top 10 things I want to accomplish.
5 comments:
Yipes! Sorry your week has been so ralph-y (heehee!) Glad to hear it's on its way out. :)
Oh, I do not envy you. From the very bottom of my heart, I AM SORRY! Glad it seems to be over.
Sunny--you crack me up! I needed a good laugh tonight! Ok so may be I shouldn't be laughing at this particular time in your life but have you ever considered writing a book? Really--consider it! Love ya! Glad you all are better.
Ok so I don't know how to post me name--I am not anonymous--I am Dana!
Oh Dana! That's too funny! I'm glad you're not anonymous!
Yes...please laugh! We can either laugh or cry, right? Let's laugh!
Post a Comment