Well happy New Year everyone! I have to brag that the first morning of my new year started off with the girls getting up, beating me to the kitchen and making me breakfast in bed! Awwwwww!!! Had I known, I would have jumped back in bed before they got to my room...but as it was I opened the door right when they got there. So I took it to the kitchen to eat with them. It was very sweet and they were so excited and said such sweet things to me. I know this is no where near in comparison to Mary...but I "treasured it in my heart" just the same.
Oh, and it was a bowl of cereal and a cup of water, in case you were wondering. In matching plastic bowl and cup. Purple.
(And before you get to thinking that it's always like this at my house. Let me assure you, it's not. In fact the past couple of days I've been on their case and on the verge of pulling out my hair. Just when I'm about ready to run through a wall, they go and do something sweet. But I'm also the first to say...they ARE sweet kids and we're VERY blessed!)
Anyway, as sweet as that was...and oh it was!...our new year is bittersweet. That was the sweet. On the otherhand, we got news on Saturday that Stan's Grandmommie passed away. He flew out to Kentucky for the funeral.
I'd like to say that the kids and I have a fun-filled day planned for today, but it's the last day of their holiday break and of course the teachers sent homework. Ugh. We dont need busywork...and I dont think they will forget all that much over the course of a week. But anyway...of course we put it off til now. Well...most of it. So that's what we're doing today. That and laundry. Fun, fun! Dont you wish you were here?! Aw, I'm sure we'll take a break to play here and there. We dont want to be dull...all work and no play.
Ok...gotta go rescue Elmo out of the Christmas tree. Dont ask how he got there. I'm not sure I want to know either. Is it wishful thinking that if I put an opened can of tuna on the floor that he'd come down on his own?
2 comments:
I'm not sure you want to chance learning where they hid the tuna. Happy new year!
From kiddoes to decorations to scenery...your site is gorgeous, SJ.
Sorry to hear about Stan's grandmother.
Take care and lots of love.
Post a Comment