...and then as Cat would say (ad nauseam), "Stop calling me Shirly!"
Anyway...
Surely our life is more exciting than naming teeth and head-butting. And when I put it like that we sound like honest to goodness rednecks. Well, if you cant beat 'em, join 'em.
I wont go into all the redneck things we've done over the years (and I also wont go into what other names "doing redneck things" is called by southern people, either). You know, things like putting duct tape on our camp trailer to hold it together while going down the road. We'd never do such a thing!!! *blushing*
But it seems that at this time of year northern people are just waiting for that warmer weather to get here already and we're tired of winter and even though we like the "somewhat" warmer weather (and we refuse to wear a jacket, because 40 degrees actually does feel warm), we're irritated by being "teased" with it.
We're also irritated being "teased" by the stores putting out swimming suits in FEBRUARY! What are they thinking?! Where's my 2 by 4? Someone needs an adjustment! (Of course there are no swimming suits to be found in the stores come July, when you actually need one...because they're putting out the winter stuff. I'm. Not. Kidding.)
C'mon!
It's not that winter is SO bad...it's that it's SO long! Therefore, while the southern states are basking in the flip-flops and capris weather, we're going a little stir-crazy waiting for that brief window of flip-flop opportunity between June and August (and pushing it into May and September, by golly). Of course the more native/adapted folks wear then anyway no matter the weather.
Crazy is as crazy does.
So, right now...our life is not more exciting than naming teeth and head-butting. Gotta do whatever is necessary to survive the winter.
2 comments:
Thank you for sharing this one! I do hate the swimming attire being in the stores so early. However, that means you might find it on sale later!
I am SO happy that I have been able to let my toes out this week. The cooler weather here is not yet fully comepleted, though.
This store thing is one of my hugest pet peeves! I hate it. Two weeks before Christmas, I was looking for some winter pjs at Old Navy for the kids. I discovered that all the winter ones were picked over and they were putting out the spring ones. When I asked about it they told me to shop online.
Post a Comment