Wednesday, March 5, 2008

What?!

Just when you think you've heard it all, you realize you're not even close! I found out at dinner that Rebecca has named her teeth. Yes, you read that right...she actually gave each of her teeth a name. At least the ones that have come out and are growing back in. She kept talking about "Mama" was in and "Papa" was too, but "Nana" hasnt come in yet. It took a while to figure out what in the world she was talking about. Of course I had to ask her the other names too...and if you're curious...she has named one for each grandparent as well.



While we're on the "What?!" topic...I just cant join in on the belief that baby boys and girls are the same and that they are just "taught" to be different since we give girls dolls and boys trucks.

Because we never taught Jake to head-butt us, but he does. The girls never did (except for maybe Jessica...seems like she did it for a while too, but we've also been known to say periodically, "Are you sure she's a girl?").

Jake's been a head-butter (or should it be "buttor"?) for several months now. He doesnt head-butt Daddy any more because...well...I guess Daddy's head is harder than his. (And if you read any more into that comment than what I said, that's on your own head, not mine!) So he sticks to head-butting me and the girls...mostly Jessica...because I think she probably deserves it as much as she pesters him. He gets this look on his face and lowers his head and you know it's coming.

So being the sweet, loving, and gentle mom that I am...

I head-butt him back. He doesnt like it so much, though, and stops for a while. But then he decides to test that water again. I hate to admit it, but it really hurts! He can out head-butt me at one and a half years old. I know...better get this nipped in the bud now before he thinks he can head-butt his dates.

No comments: