So, what did you do for Spring Break? Go anywhere fun? Travel? Soak up some sun?
Well good.
I'm just so stinkin' happy for you.
Because our Spring Break was last Friday. Yes, just Friday. Blows my mind! Last year we had 3 days of Spring Break and I assume next year it will be gone completely.
So we did what any other fun-loving family would do to make the most of that one day vacation.
We cleaned house!!! I know you're completely jealous and I'm sorry you didn't get to clean house too. It'll be ok. Maybe you can plan ahead for that on your next Spring Break. If you need any tips just let me know.
Or you can ask Mackenzie, who has a "better" way to do everything she's told to do...and will spend no less than 30 minutes explaining it to you, in great detail, instead of just going and doing it. But she does a good job once she's finished explaining it.
Or you can ask Jessica, who has a covert cleaning system of stuffing items under furniture. She works in silence, which is her most secret weapon because she goes undetected for quite some time. Then when she's caught she flashes those big ol' brown puppy dog eyes at you. Not fair.
Or you can ask Rebecca, who actually is any mom's dream because she gets her jobs done, done well, and done fast...and then asks, "what else can I do for you, Mom?" Now I really know you're jealous. For real this time! As you should be!
Or you can ask Jake, who has the strategy of sabotaging all three sisters' efforts and making them scream. They say (in their loudest, most whiny voice), "I just cleaned this and now he messed it all up again!" (be sure to add a HMPH! and a pout with that). And I think..."hmmm, I know just how you feel - times FOUR."
So, while our Spring Break was not as fun as others' it sure was nice to have a clean house...for a few hours. Not that you could tell it now. Sorry that I don't have pictures of our Spring Break to share with you.
Ok...gotta go clean house.
5 comments:
Sorry, I laughed when I read this because it's not funny that you only get 1 day for Spring Break.
If it makes you feel any better, my boys got a full week off spring break, so I took the week off of work with them (all 8 hours), but I spent the whole week cleaning house too.
WHAT? Only one day for Spring Break? That's downright criminal! Did they take the days because of snow or was it planned that way?
It was planned that way. It's usually been 3 days (Wed - Fri) but this is the first year of one day.
Since we've been here, they haven't had any snow days. Not that we don't get snow...we just don't let school out for it (otherwise we'd still be having school in July to make them up!).
When Mackenzie was in Kindergarten there was one "delayed" start...because it was negative 20 and the K class was in a portable building and the heater couldn't keep up.
I'm so sorry SJ!!! I'm glad you survived the day though. Hugs!
Melissa
Post a Comment