Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It Was Bound To Happen

Well, here we go! Another stage in life. Just started this week.

The stage of "toddler-can-climb-out-of-crib"

And boy is he proud of it! He walks in with a big toothy grin, knowing he's up to something.

I kinda liked being able to contain him and know that he can't get out.

Muah-ha-haaaa!

But I'm sure we'll get used to it...same as we did with his new freedom in crawling and again with walking.

Although he learned today what happens when he climbs out when he is supposed to be napping. He didn't like it, and neither did his hiney.

You might be wondering how he learned such a trick. Well, I'll give you three guesses but you'll only need one. It's the one he calls "D" (as opposed to the one he calls "Tsie-Tsie" or the one he calls "Ca-Ca" - and no, we're not teaching him Spanish!).

Yeah, you knew Jessica fit in this picture somehow. Doesn't she always? (If you're wondering where the "D" comes from...we sometimes call her by her initials - JD.) So yes, she climbed in and out of his crib and apparently he is a visual learner because all he needed was a demonstration.

Actually, I'm kinda surprised he hadn't learned it sooner. Surprised, but glad.

I'm sure I'll feel some nostalgia when we take down the crib for the very last time. But I'm not going there now. And I gotta do some better toddler-proofing in his room before we put him in a "big boy" bed.



And on another note, I'm not sure if it's a conspiracy but Jake has also learned to open the back door to let the dog in...any time he pleases. Like when it's muddy outside. Ugh!

3 comments:

MJ said...

Oh my Sunny,I'm so sorry...about both things!! LOL! Hopefully the hiney lesson will take hold quick. I can just picture his big grin, with just a smidgen of Stan's lurking behind it! LOL!
Hugs to you girl!!
Melissa

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

Heh! Life as we know it is over. And, yes, Jessica is usually the one to blame when that happens :)

MustangChick74 said...

I'm just jealous that your... containment lasted longer than mine. I don't think Shelby was quite a year old when she figured out how to scale the walls of her baby bed. But, at least it's always an adventure!