Some of you may know that this part of the country has been dealing with lots and lots of fires for several weeks now. Praise God that there aren't any around where we live, and not too many that have affected the railroad. In some areas people have been evacuated off and on, but there has been minimal house losses even though the fires have swept through peoples' properties. God has been with the firefighters!
Since we live in this valley the smoke comes in and settles but wont leave and we're getting smoke from fires from the north and the south. Last week was the worst of it and we've been in "Unhealthy" and "Very Unhealthy" air alerts which for our family means that either the kids cant be outside or they cant be outside for very long. This is how things looked all last week:

So of course we've been dealing with cabin fever and an irritable mommy in the house. I've been in desperate need of some relief...and feeling very selfish for that since we're not actually having to deal with the fires. So this past Sunday while our family was resting and taking it easy we notice the sky is orange. Come to find out, since a front was pushing in it was pushing smoke and we were told it was going to get worse before it got better. Here's the worse:

Then Monday we woke up to the better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you, LORD!!! It's been SO nice to *see* beyond a mile and to *breathe* clean air again!!! Here's a picture I took just a while ago from the same spot the previous two pictures were taken...out of our back door:

1 comment:
Wow! I would start to feel like I was in one of those "We're the last family on earth that survived the nuclear war" movies. Such a huge improvement in such a short time. I'm glad you have your blue skies back!
Post a Comment