Monday, August 20, 2007

Meet Coffee



Yep. Coffee. That's her name. She's the newest member of our family and so far seems to know who she's supposed to impress (not like that last dog we brought home who walked right up and "marked" my coat that was hanging on the back of a chair...he went directly back where he came from after that...did not pass Go, did not collect $200).


Coffee is a Lab/Newfoundland mix and she's about 5 months old or so. She is real sweet, smart, and is great with the kids. Jake is not so sure about sharing the lime-light and I think he's gotten more swats/scoldings than she has, but she's really patient with him and wants to be his friend...even though he just yells at her and pulls her hair. (Oh and she especially loves him right after he's eaten...I guess he tastes yummy!) She's mostly an outside dog but we let her in for a while each day. So far she's behaved and has let us know when she needs to go out...good girl!
We just got her Friday and has been adapting really well...or should I say that "I've" been adapting really well since it's no secret that I'm the only stick in the mud who didnt really want a pet right now. So, we'll see...

1 comment:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

I don't think you are a stick in the mud. I am so not telling my family that you gave in. She is cute, though!