Ok, so I went ahead and put away the Halloween costumes...after they sat in my bedroom floor for weeks. But here are some pics we did take in honor of Halloween. All four of us girls had these teeth in one day when Daddy came home from work. He laughed and said, "So I take it Nana sent a package?" Yep! :o) Jake didnt get any teeth...and he wasnt sure what all the fuss was about.


Now for the birthday girl...I cant believe my baby is 9! She's getting so grown up, despite the occasional Hannah Montana mannerisms ("Momma say what?"). This year we broke free from the 3 year stint of doll cakes and ventured into other things. She decided she wanted a dog face for a cake. A black dog. Black. So, being the good and venturous mommy that I am...here's my stab at a dog cake (maybe I shouldnt have said "stab"). Go ahead...laugh! I did. Oh and you should also know that her second choice of a cake was a pink flower. Hmmmmm.

And here she is opening her gifts. She also got money (she's saving up to get her ears pierced, much to Daddy's dismay). This picture just really cracked me up...was she checking to see if it's real or not?! Bwaaa Haaaa Haaaaaaa!!! (Actually, she'd just gone on a field trip to the local bank so she was testing what all she'd learned.)

Remember that BLACK cake? But of course...black icing = black teeth and lips. Well, I guess at least they brushed their teeth REALLY well after eating the sugary cake! I dont mean just brushing of the teeth...I'm talking scrub-the-living-daylights out of those pearly whites! You know me...always looking for a plus side. Oh and something I learned...black icing = purple tongue. Go figure.


I'll try to get a new slideshow link in the sidebar started for November/December soon.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Mackenzie! I remember the first time I got to hold you like it was yesterday. You loved the book I brought you. I read it to you, but you slept through the whole thing.
Post a Comment