Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Tummy Tempters

It's A Soup-Tacular!

Edited: Ok so we've heard of re-gifting (I wont ask how many of us have actually done that...that's a whole 'nother topic!)...I'm re-posting. BooMama is doing a Soup-Tacular! Yum! Go check it out! But I had just posted this recently and I'm too lazy to actually create a whole 'nother post so I'm just re-wraping the old one and giving it away...again. Obviously the Soup-Tacular is just for, well, SOUP. But since my old re-gifted post had two recipes...the BooMama crowd gets a bonus breakfast recipe too! Enjoy!

I got nervous when I saw BooMama's Cheese Potato Soup recipe...but then I relaxed because mine is different from that one! Whew!! Thought I was actually going to have to go and find another recipe!

Ok....going Christmas shopping now. Be back...sometime...maybe!



It's recipe time! I got this first recipe from Terry when we went down south for a visit this summer. It's a fun change for breakfast and we have thoroughly enjoyed it.

Terry's Sausage Rolls

1 lb. hot sausage
1 8-oz cream cheese
2 Pillsbury crescent rolls
1 egg white, slightly beaten
poppy seeds (optional)

Brown sausage and drain. Add cream cheese and stir until melted. Flatten crescent rolls into 4 rectangles, pressing perforations together. Spread sausage mixture down center of dough. Roll up and seal. Place seam-side down on baking sheet. Brush with egg white and sprinkle poppy seeds on top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until browned. Slice and serve or freeze.

To serve after freezing, thaw slightly enough to slice. Place slices on cookie sheet (standing) and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes until hot.

*********************************************

I got this next recipe from Mom. Gotta love recipes from the momma! Stan made this for me when I was sick and it was sooooooo yummy! (and I'm NOT a cabbage fan)

Cheese Potato Soup

8 c. water
4 cubes chicken bouillon
2 lbs. red potatoes, cubed
1 1/2 c. onion, diced
1 1/2 c. carrots, diced
1 1/2 c. celery, diced
1/2 small cabbage, diced
1 lb. Lite Velveta cheese, cubed
optional - 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced

In large pot simmer all except cheese for 30 minutes or til potatoes are tender. Add cheese.

2 comments:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

Ooo, soup! We actually have a dusting of snow here! More expected Sat and Sunday. Hope you had a great turkey day!

Nan said...

Thanks for the recipes. If you get a chance, stop by for my chicken velvet soup.
Nan