
It's here! Our first big snow of the season! Last night we got about 8 1/2 inches of snow and today we are expected to get another 3-6 inches. It's not very cold...just above freezing, so I dont know how long it will stay around this time. It's already starting to melt and it's only 8AM. But it sure is nice to get some moisture. I vision sledding, snow men, snow angels, and snow ice cream will be in store for the day! Pretty soon I need to go out and knock as much snow off of the tree so that the branches dont break. (No, I didnt wait for it to get light enough for pictures.) Stan and a friend from church are out elk hunting this morning...hope they get one!


Oh...and yes...school is running on time as usual. Are you kidding? If school closed everytime it snowed here we'd have to go to school all summer to make up for snow days! This is our 4th year up here and the school has never closed for the day. Never. There has only been one delay. Our first year up here there was one day where we started school at 10:00AM because it was below -20 degrees...yep...negative twenty...and the building needed time to be able to get warm enough. And if you're wondering about recess...kids just put on their snow clothes and go on out. The school rule is that if it gets below 10 degrees the kids stay in the gym for recess.

Last night church was at our house and we'd already started getting some snow...about 3 inches or so. All the kids went out and made some snowmen (after the snowball fight of course). But like I said...it's not that cold so they started melting and drooping. This poor guys looks down on his luck. We'll have to go cheer him up...after a bowl of hot oatmeal!
Better get going. We've lost power some during the night and the lights are starting to flicker again. Dont worry...we'll be all roasty and toasty, with or without power!

4 comments:
Ohhh, I am so jealous! Only because I know if we got that much snow here, we would be out of school for a week!
Look at you! I so almost e-mailed and made you try it, just to see if it worked! But it took me like 2 hours to get it just the way I wanted it in the first place. I'm definitely not a pro, but it's amazing what a little bit of Googleing will teach you!
I'm glad it worked! It's really cute...you did a good job! And oh yes...what did we do before Googleing?
(For anyone wonding what in the world we're talking about...it's her "Holiday Happenings" button on my sidebar.)
The pictures are beautiful! They've forecasted a tiny bit of the white stuff while everyone's at the farm this weekend. You will definitely be missed! Love you! Stay warm! :)
Post a Comment