Jake found a friend right away. He liked giving Grandpa a hard time. Jake's favorite thing to do is entice someone out of their chair, then while they are up he runs and gets in the abandoned chair. And laughs and laughs and laughs. He especially liked doing that to Grandpa and Meredith.

Mackenzie and Meredith (M&M) were inseparable. I'm surprised that Mackenzie didn't try to stow away in their truck when they left to go home.

The weather was really great while they were here. So of course we grilled out. Stan has now completely ruined us. He makes a mean steak that puts to shame any steakhouse you can find. Jessica, Kayla, and Rebecca played ball with Grandpa while M&M told secrets and giggled.

Nana and I got to go shopping one day while the guys took the kids down to the river to swim and fish. There were no pictures taken of either of those events, but fun was had by all.

We took the kids to the playground and ran that energy right out of them. Good stuff! Jake didn't last long, though. I think being surrounded by so many girls just short-circuits him.



I have lots and lots more pictures. I'll get them put in a slide show on my sidebar soon. The girls camped out in the front yard most of the nights they were here. We had monkeys climbing trees, and just plain silliness all around. What else would you expect?
2 comments:
It does sound like y'all had lots of fun. It's about time the girls started evening things out in the Mc family!
BTW your flower bed looks great!
I finally had time to catch up reading blogs. It was great to see your parents in the pictures. I am sure you had a blast with your family! It is always fun to have family around.
Post a Comment