My recipe book was a wedding gift and it's a small (8 inches or so) 3-ring binder and inside are different sections with lined pages where you can write in recipes. So for me to make the effort of putting a recipe in there, it has to be good (although lately I've been known to just cut around a recipe and tape it to one of my pages...letting go of perfectionism one baby step at a time).
I got this recipe from a friend and it came from a cookbook but I have no idea which one. I'll type it just like the recipe says and you can adapt it as you see fit. (I'm making this for supper tonight!)
Creamy White Chili
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cans (15 1/2 oz each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) chicken broth
- 2 cans (4 oz each) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (8 oz) sour cream
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
In a large saucepan, saute chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add beans, broth, chilies and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and cream. Serve immediately. Yield: 7 servings.
2 comments:
Mmm . . . that sounds good.
Well, I thought I should say that I dont know what measurements they're using...but this fed 2 adults and 2 small children. Not sure where "7 servings" comes in.
Post a Comment