Monday, October 20, 2008

A Personal Touch

I know most of my recent posts have seemed a bit..."commercial." Sorry about that! So now it's time to add the personal touch to this "personal" blog!

Stan went hunting on Saturday, so true to form the kids and I stayed in our pj's most of the day. (Well...the girls stayed in them all day and didn't even have to change into jammies at bedtime because they were already in them! They thought that was cool. I hoped they wouldn't tell anybody!)



Mackenzie still likes her braces and now has alternating pink and purple bands (hmmm...sounds familiar...her momma did the same thing when she was in braces, but the colors had just come out then).



Rebecca is just one of those kids who flies under the radar. She will take all the hugs you will spare, but when she's mad her fists start flying. But you wouldn't think it because she's usually so sweet.



Jessica hasn't provided too many "Jessica stories" lately. I think she's focused on not getting her name on the board at school. And the rabies shots. We have 2 more rounds to go. Yay!



Jake is broadening his vocabulary. Most things are still "puppy" but now he can ask for "cocky" (cookie) and a "cocker" (cracker). When he wants a drink he makes the "gung" sound like he's drinking. He also can sort of call his sisters by name, but what he actually says is hard to spell, so I'll leave that off. He says "ball!" (always with an exclamation mark) and "bear" (that's a new one), "out" (more like "oooouuuuuut", when he wants out of his chair), "go," "eat" (and when he wants you to eat he says "eat!" with his eyebrows down and shoves his finger at you).



The other evening we were watching TV while Jake alternated between jumping on our laps and smashing his nose in our faces to roaming the house doing whatever it is toddlers do. It was near bedtime.



We had the girls get ready for bed and got them in it. Then I searched for Jake.



Couldn't find him. Anywhere!



I searched the whole house three times and was starting to get freaked out. My mommy brain started thinking he got into something and...well...I thought the worst.



After making everyone (Every. One.) get up and help me find him, I hear a faint, muffled voice say "Ma!" (Jake either calls me Ma! or Momma).



We all stopped to listen.



"Ma!"



Where's that coming from?



We follow the little giggles to find him in mine and Stan's room behind my full length mirror sucking on a cough drop he found from who knows where, thinking he was being pretty sneaky.



Well, he was.



Little stinker! He thought he was pretty funny. I didn't think so.



(By the way, the ice cream pics were from the first day of school. I realized I hadn't shared them yet.)

4 comments:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

OK, I'm laughing imagining him just calling out "Ma!". That is really cute!

Martha said...

Just stopping by to say THANKS for entering my giveaway!!

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

You've been Booed! Come over to my place and check it out.

Rachel said...

Your kids are just darling!!