And Coeur d' Alene has a nice little lake to browse around, and Pend Oreille (c'mon Idaho! let's speak some English here!) is another larger lake that should be fun in the summer (you'll still need a wetsuit to swim/ski, though).
But the main attraction in Idaho is....
CABELAS!!!!! Yes, Post Falls has a new Cabelas store. The dream destination of millions. Oh yes, we went there.
But Post Falls also has a large outlet mall. Or at least it did until the economy shut most of it down. Hmpf!
Anyway, it was fun to get away for a few days to play and shop. The highlight for Stan and Jake was, of course, Cabelas. The highlight for the girls was shoe shopping and swimming in the hotel pool. The highlight for mom was naptime. Kidding! I enjoyed everything except Jake's sleepless nights.
So here we are at Cabelas:

I didn't get a picture but they also had a fun shooting range in the store. Not real guns, of course. But for a couple of tokens you can shoot at several different objects in an outdoor-looking setting. We all enjoyed that one!
Jake was so funny. He could not get enough of it all. He was running and jumping around, so excited! It was like Christmas for him!The dam at Post Falls:

On our way home we decided to take the scenic route and went up to where Stan's territory ends on the railroad, then followed the tracks all the way home. In the 4 years we've been here I haven't ever seen this side of his territory so it was fun to see where he works.

Don't you just feel sorry for him that he has to work in places like this?

Here, the tracks are behind me when I took this picture. You can see how far out from the shore is still ice and where it melts further out:

The ice is breaking up and melting:

Such horrible working conditions. No one should have to suffer through this kind of scenery while on the job. The tracks are along the right side of the river:

Half way home we stopped where Stan sometimes stays when he's out of town. We stayed in a two-story cabin next to the river with three queen beds and a full size futon, complete kitchen, and a jacuzzi tub. Now that's roughing it!

On our way home we decided to take the scenic route and went up to where Stan's territory ends on the railroad, then followed the tracks all the way home. In the 4 years we've been here I haven't ever seen this side of his territory so it was fun to see where he works.
The tracks follow the river:

Don't you just feel sorry for him that he has to work in places like this?

Here, the tracks are behind me when I took this picture. You can see how far out from the shore is still ice and where it melts further out:

The ice is breaking up and melting:

Such horrible working conditions. No one should have to suffer through this kind of scenery while on the job. The tracks are along the right side of the river:

Half way home we stopped where Stan sometimes stays when he's out of town. We stayed in a two-story cabin next to the river with three queen beds and a full size futon, complete kitchen, and a jacuzzi tub. Now that's roughing it!
We also scoped out some camping spots for this summer!

3 comments:
Glad y'all had fun on your Easter trip. It sounds like your schools do what I've heard that several are going to around here: no 1 week spring break, but several 3 and 4 day weekends spread out throughout the spring. I kinda' like the idea. Love the scenery pictures. I think Honey reads your blog (to see the pictures) more than he reads mine :)
super great pictures! I am glad y'all had fun. I'm beginning to enjoy the idea of shorter weeks and less long time off. I don't know what to do with a week to myself other than clean. That's a vacation!
I'll have to show rody. He will be depressed for the next two days!!
Haha!
Post a Comment