Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Night!

Why is it you can never get one decent picture of a group of kids?

Because they're kids. And kids wiggle, and giggle, and jiggle...and cry.


This year for Halloween the girls all wanted to dress up as princesses. (Rebecca is a "fairy princess," thankyouverymuch! Do NOT call her just a princess. She will correct you. Oh and don't tell her that's actually a "bride" costume I'd found at a consignment store.) Of course Jake is Spiderman.

He's protesting here because the girls got him in the car too soon and I had to get him out for pictures. He was ready to GO already!

I took several pictures trying to get him to laugh...or something. And when he does...


...Jessica looks away.

*sigh*

So anyway, the kids got home from school and all their school parties and hallway parades. Then after dinner we gathered up and paraded to the neighbors (well, not loud-car neighbor). We have an elderly couple across from us and each year they have a bowl of candy to give out. So when we showed up they were thrilled. We were their first trick-or-treaters in 15 years! (The kids were sick the past two Halloweens so we didn't go out then.) We live out of town, can you tell?

After that we went to town and trick-or-treated up and down a block where a couple of teachers live, then we went to a community party full of games and goodies.

They had this little set-up for picture taking:


It was so DARK in there I wasn't sure what kind of picture I'd have when we got home. Hmmm, not bad!

Stan missed out on all the hoopla because he's out hunting this week for opening elk season. I'm sure he's completely broken hearted! *grin* Actually, I know he misses seeing the kids all dressed up and excited, but I doubt he misses the craziness part.

Maybe I'll be able to post a picture of a dead elk when he gets back!


Oh, I also have to tell you that we went to trick-or-treat some friends of ours who the husband works with Stan. And while Stan is gone this week our friend is using his work truck. So when we pulled up to their house and the girls saw daddy's truck in the driveway they all said, "Hey!! Daddy's here!!!"

It was so cute!

2 comments:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

Loud-car neighbor! That made me laugh and think of all the times in college when we called people things like "Hug Boy" and "Weird Boy" because we couldn't remember their real names. It was just getting us ready for blogging...

Molly C. said...

Your pictures made me laugh- I know all too well of always having that one child looking the wrong way for pics. lol I've finally decided that as long as 50% are looking at me, it's a pretty good pic. :)