Thursday, September 25, 2008

Braces Braces Everywhere

Is it really true?! Tell me it's not! Please!!!

Tell me we don't have a child old enough for BRACES! Just. Not. Possible.

I mean, it was just the other day we were laughing at her wild bed head, right?


No? Well, "they" say enjoy kids while they're little because they grow up so fast. I guess "they" are right.

Mackenzie got her (ahem...first round of) braces yesterday. She was actually really excited. We'll see if she's just as excited on the next round a few years from now. (And if you mention we've got 3 more in line you better duck while I swing!)


Of course I got a before picture, considering she's going to be metal mouth for a year or more:


And here's the after pic. Naturally, she chose pink bands. And these days you can choose what shape of bracket you want...stars, hearts, flowers, footballs. Wow! What is this, Lucky Charms?

She chose stars. No! Flowers. No! Hearts. Yes, hearts it is. Definately not footballs. Ick.


She still has wild bed head. But she'd probably protest very loudly if I tried to put a picture of it on the www. (Even though I'm always asking her if she brushed her hair today...because it doesn't look like it...)


Mackenzie isn't the only thing in our life getting braces. Our backyard got braces too!


No open range on this land!!! Ok, so that really wasn't a problem. We're more interested in keeping animals and little boys IN.





I'm amazed that Stan got most of the wire up while I was out honky tonkin' reverently studying God's word with Beth. Not only did he keep all the kids that weekend. By himself. He also built a fence.

I mean, when he goes out hunting for a weekend the kids and I stay in our pj's all day. Not him. He got something DONE!

And Jake learned not to stand too close to a hammer in action. Life lessons are hard. And thankfully noses heal.

1 comment:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

Oh, that girl does have some bedhead.

Wow! It's all happening too fast.