Jessica is in the little kids group (U6, for "under 6" years old) and they are the Red Bobcats. Those little guys are just so cute! But I am pretty sure I couldn't coach them. I'd have no hair left on my head if I did. But they are fun to watch.
In this pic, Jessica is in the bunch...on the left side

Run! Run! Girl! (That's her coach behind them.)
Ah, a break.
Looking at the pictures I took (I took a bunch!) I realized Jessica has the tendency to hang her tongue out when she plays. I didn't get any good shots of it though. Every time I got the camera focused, someone would run between me and her. So I have several shots of all the other kids! Also Jake was NOT a happy camper and did NOT understand why he couldn't go play with the ball too.
He's not a good camera man either...or a camera woman's assistant. He's fired.

Mackenzie is in the U10 (you guessed it...under 10) group. Her team is the Orange Attackers. (They get to pick their team name...everyone keeps saying "at least they aren't the fluffy stars like last year." I'd have to agree.)
She's the blond with the long ponytail:

I'm surprised these turned out. Being the perfect mom, I had stuck Mr. Whiney Hiney (that's Jake, not Stan...he was working) in the car with Ice Age The Meltdown on DVD keeping Mr. Meltdown himself content while I made like a carousel and watched Mackenzie and Jessica play their games at the same time (the fields were next to each other) and keep an eye on Rebecca playing on the playground and keep an eye on Mr. Strapped In The Car With The Windows Down. (Then they wonder why I'm so exhausted after their game.)
So anyway...I'm surprised these turned out because I had to max out the zoom on my camera to get them because I had to stand strategically to see all 4 kids at the same time. That strategic spot was at the other end of the field from where Mackenzie was standing.
Get it, Mackenzie! (That flying pony tail was the only way I knew I was taking pics of the right kid.)
She was a defensive player, so she got to stand on her team's side and help keep the ball away from their goal. She likes that position. Not as much running.
Yes, that orange splat in her hair is on purpose.

So there you have it. Rebecca plays on a different night so I'll get her pics tomorrow, Lord willing and the creek don't rise (that creek thing actually has some merit in this area...I never quite understood it living in west Texas). I couldn't have been smart and remembered the camera on her last game...the one that Stan got to come and watch too. Jake sat perfectly content on Daddy's lap the whole time.
Well, there are more games...LOTS more...but I wanted to get pics before they're all bundled up with parkas under their jerseys from the cold weather.




No comments:
Post a Comment