Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day of School

This is it! The first day of school and this is also the first year that all 3 girls are in school full day. Some of you know that last year Rebecca was in K and it was just half days here. This year they switched to full day K and Jessica is in that group. It's kind of a big issue here...some for it and some against it. I'm all for it. Not so that I get them out of the house, but I think it gets them ready for 1st grade so much better.



Anyway...



The girls picked out their clothes...a few days ago. We've had their backpacks stocked and ready for a couple weeks now. And Mackenzie wanted me to get her up early so she could "do her hair." *sigh*



Here they are getting ready to leave this morning...Rebecca in 1st grade, Mackenzie in 4th, and Jessica in K:







Jessica only started asking to wear her hair in piggy tails just yesterday. She insisted she wear them today. It's taking me a while to get used to it.


And remember that little scissors incident? Back in APRIL!?! You can see that her bangs still have not grown out from that...and they have quite a ways to go. School pictures ought to be interesting this year.




Here is Jessica with her Kindergarten teacher. I'm SO excited she got this particular teacher. Not that the other K teachers aren't good...it's just that Jessica needs this teacher. Those of you following the many infamous Jessica stories (just click the label "Fried Mommy" and I'm sure she's the subject of most of those posts) will understand my concern.


I thought I should probably send a peace offering to her teacher ahead of time. Jenni suggested I put her on a weekly 1-800-FLOWERS delivery! I'm not sure that will be enough. LOL


Ok, but really...I think Jessica will do well this year. But I may have to swear her teacher to secrecy for anything Jessica says/does. She will probably have lots of Jessica stories of her own by June.




Oh and get this...


Outside the school they had a table set up with muffins and juice...the sign said it was the "Boo Hoo Breakfast" for the Kindergarten parents.


In case you're wondering...no I didn't cry.

No comments: