I understand that in this modern world of technology we strive to make things better and more efficient. But I'd like to know what happened to those
However, if I were a modern mom I would not stop with a letter. Oh no. I would blame and sue you for making scissors that enabled my 5 year old to cut the items listed above. It would be all your fault and I would make the news and you would settle out of court just to make me go away. My child would turn into a spoiled brat and feel that she was entitled to do anything she pleased and her mother would back her up.
But as it is, I'm a practical mom who knows that scissors don't cut things, people do...namely my 5 year old. Her tear-streaked face and sore bottom are proof of where the fault really lies. (Not to mention, where was her mother when all this cutting was going on anyway?) And in 10 years when she is finally allowed access again to privileges such as television, toys...and scissors, she will fully understand that she is in control of her own actions and not look to blame anyone and everyone else for what she does.
So I kindly ask you to please consider going back to making the
Sincerely,
Frazzled, Practical Mom

(Note the missing hair from her bangs and how one side of her hair is markedly shorter than the other side. I guess she was going for the "layered" look. Also note the trimmed corners of the couch pillow behind her. Oh and said stuffed animal did not belong to her, but to her older sister...of course. The tennis shoes, socks and pajamas were hers, though. She will NOT be getting new shoes until she out-grows these.)
9 comments:
SJ, you have a way with story telling. Here! Here!...to the practical mom. Love the picture, too. ;-)
What a great story, and so well-told! I emailed the link to all the parents I could think of with my limited brain cell activity!
Oh my goodness, what a great picture. She looks like she's thinking, "I've gotta make the best of this." Oh, she is so cute and sweet; I hope you were not too upset. I'm already in grandma mode, and I'm far from that. She just looks so precious.
Oh, SJ! I can't even begin to imagine. . .
that was great! totally took me back to my daughter's own scissor excursion. let's just say that her hair has been parted on the side (read totally trained will not go back to a middle part) to cover evidence of scissor "fun"...for 6 years. :)
I'm a publicist, would you be interested in reviewing Christian fiction/non-fiction on your blog?
Sunny - you have no idea who I am. But I'm the daughter of one of your mom's fellow business manager friends! They go on their "quilting" trips together.
Loved your story about the scissors. It's so true!!!
Enjoyed scrolling through the rest of your blog, too!
Oh dear. Those darned scissor stories. She really went to town on a number of items didn't she? She is too cute, in spite of it all. :v)
Thanks for dropping by my place and leaving a comment. Good luck in winning the book.
What, she hasn't cut someone else's hair yet? Oh, that's right. You stay home. I have to admit, my favorite day to pick up my daughter was the day when I was informed that she cut off half the hair of the little girl next to her. Long hair. down her back. Well, it was, anyway.
How, oh how did we ever end up with one for each of us?
This was sooo funny! I have had several bouts with scissors as well, as you may know. (ha ha) But my fave memory was shortly after trimming my son Stephens hair...I proudly told my husband how cute he looked, and then, he came around the corner and had NO hair in the front. At first I though I had somehow completely messed up without knowing it...and then....I realised that I had left the scissors out...
"WHY didn't you tell me you wanted it shorter???!" Poor little guy started to cry and I felt terrible as I tried to fix something that could only be buzzed down to a military hack job. sigh. children....they give you stories to tell your grandchildren!!
Post a Comment