Considering I live under a rock most days I hadn't heard about the Miley Cyrus photos that have come out. Being a mom of Hannah Montana fans, this is just so disheartening.
The article I read (on msn) says that Miley thought the photo shoot was supposed to be "artistic" and so participated in a shot of her clutching a silk sheet with her bare back exposed.
Oh Miley.
Where were your parents? Supposedly they were there, but supposedly they left before that shot. Who knows, supposedly?
But your daddy should know how this business works and should have been there to say, with his southern accent, "Honey, that's not art. They just want to exploit you. There are dirty old men (and young men) that just want to see you naked and that person telling you this is "art" just wants to make lots of money off of how naive you are. Let me tell you about the birds and the bees, darlin'."
*sigh*
Yes, I'm aware that there's probably more to the story than what we're told...and there's always many sides to every story. But I can still have an opinion on what little I know.
Bottom line...Daddy's Don't Let Your Babies Take Risque Photos (maybe that should be the title of a country song?)
And before I end this rant, I just want to know how ignorant/blind people are? I mean, does history not teach us anything? Have they not learned from previous teen stars and how their exploits and star-studded decisions have ruined them? Does any one care about said star or are they just looking at how they can make the biggest buck?
2 comments:
My sentiments exactly. And one other thing... it's not art when you're 15 years old.
Exactly!
Post a Comment