Thursday, April 10, 2008

Funny Kids

The other day we were making the "Kindergarten run" as I call it (taking Rebecca to half day K...she rides the bus home). From the back seat I hear Rebecca informing Jessica of the rules on the bus. This is what I hear:

"Jessica, you cant eat, stand up, or have drugs on the bus."

Jessica's face was priceless as she wondered what in the world drugs were that they were as bad as eating and standing up in a moving bus...and did she have any that she might accidentally take on the bus next year.






The girls were getting dressed one morning and the excruciatingly annoying and never ending quite common saga of the case of "I don't have any socks" episode was playing once again. They have TONS of socks...somewhere. I asked to see Rebecca's socks. One was bright pink. One was dark purple. This particular time it struck me funny (usually it sends fury through my blood) and I unvoluntarily giggled.


At that instant I saw relief in each of their faces as they were anticipating fire coming from my nose. But instead I giggled. So being girls, they giggled too.


Then Jessica shifts to one hip, cocks her head to one side and raises one shoulder and says with a sigh, "Kids will be kids."


Funny girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those stories made me laugh! What great personalities your kids have! Love you!