When it came time to make the Kindergarten run we did the usual -
everyone hurry up, we gotta go...
brush your teeth and hair...
get your shoes on...
those clothes don't match...
hurry up and change them...
don't argue with me...
they don't match and you're not going to school looking like that...
here, wear this...
I know you don't want to but we gotta hurry...
what do you mean you're not finished with lunch?...
why did you get up and play if you're not finished?...
take it with you...
hurry up we gotta go...
wash your face...
where are your shoes?...
look in your closet...
why are they not in your closet?...
where did you take them off?...
look under the couch...
look in the sunroom...
oh, just wear your snow boots...
hurry up we gotta go...
get your jacket and backpack...
did you wash your face?
And somewhere in there I just grabbed Jake, the innocent by-stander, and stuck him in the car, as is. However, "as is" meant he wasn't wearing socks and shoes, which was fine because I didn't plan on him getting out until we got back home.
But, like I said, it was a nice day. Oh, nice days, why are you so few and far between?
After we drop Rebecca off for Kindergarten, Jessica asked if we could go to the park. She was right...it'd be a nice day for it.
Alas! I didn't bring Jake's shoes! So we didn't go. We just went home, besides I had things I needed to do. Jessica was heartbroken and asked if I would bring Jake's shoes next time. I'm sure I mumbled something like "uh-huh, buckle up."
Then it went something like this:
Jessica: Mom, do you have a piece of paper?
Me: No.
Jessica: Do you have a pen?
Me: No. (liar...I probably did, just didn't want to dig for it and I wasn't about to let her operate an ink pen while sitting on the leather seats of the Excursion, lest we forget her destructive ways.)
Jessica: (silence. Wow! Really? Silence?)
Jessica: Here, Mom. Keep this. (handing me a piece of torn Wendy's napkin, thankfully it was unused)

Me: What's this for? (like my grammar?)
Jessica: It's a note for you to remember to bring Jake's shoes next time so we can go to the park.
Oh yes. I'm Supermom! I've always got it together. I never miss a beat. My kids are always perfectly tended to and ready to go at a moment's notice. I'm on the ball.
That's why my 5 year old knows to write me notes to help me remember stuff. Even though the only words she can write on her own are: JESSICA (with a backwards J), CAT, MOM, and DAD.
I wonder what she would have written if I'd actually given her a pen.
3 comments:
You ARE a supermom! I would have got and bought him some dollar store shoes and let them play. Oh, who am I kidding. No I wouldn't have. I would have done exactly what you did and kicked myself later :)
This sounds like something I would do (or have done). Half the time I take my oldest to school the little ones are still in thier pajamas. I didn't realize that there were actually a lot of moms out there who really do get up super early in order to make sure everyone is dressed and ready to go. I'm very much a Hurry Up mom. ;)
Love the rambling stream of conversation getting people out the door! Oh, how many times have I found my children without shoes, although usually the youngest ones have a pair or two under the car seats. I always look forward to flip-flop weather so we can have lots of spares lying around in case of emergency!!
Post a Comment