"Mom! I met this guy by a tree and I didn't have to make him happy and he gave me SO much money!!!!!"
Pause.
Care to guess what in the world she was talking about? Because my first reaction was:
"Oh! Hey, cool!"
But then I realized exactly what she'd said and started laughing my head off!
Ok, not to leave you hanging. My sweet, darling 7-year-old isn't in some kind of twisted, horrible secret life.
She was playing My Sims on the Nintendo DS. And I promise it's wholesome. I've played it myself.
In the game you meet other townspeople and when you talk to them and they are upset you can make them happy by choosing the correct response (i.e. listening, conforting, encouraging, conversation, etc). And if you succeed they give you money...or something...it's been a while since I played.
So...apparently she didnt have to to through all that nonsense and the townsperson gave her money anyway.
Lesson we learned today? Don't take stuff out of context!!! ;o)
By the way, if you have a DS I do recommend My Sims for the kids to play. They dont have to be able to read and they have to solve puzzles and such too. For kids who do read, Animal Crossing: Wild World is another fun one. Even for non-kids, because I'm currently hooked on it! (But I suggest you google the tips and tricks for it to get the most out of it)
No comments:
Post a Comment