I'm meeting up with my dear friend Melissa so we can go together. Can. Not. Wait!
And speaking of Beth, who lives in Houston, please remember those in the wake of Ike. So many people's lives have been affected.
Now, since I'll be gone I'm posting this for your viewing pleasure. Here are pictures of our trip to Glacier National Park...uh...three weeks ago. If you're ever in Montana, after you come see us of course, you must see Glacier. And Yellowstone.
Breathtaking!


As you travel along the Going To The Sun Road (yes, that's what it's called) for several miles you're scaling the side of the mountain. Wall on one side, steep cliff on the other. And you can see in this picture where they cut a tunnel under the road to allow the waterfall to continue on its way:
If you're afraid of heights (like I am) your best plan of action is to grip the door with one hand, and grip the arm of your seat (or your husbands arm) with the other hand. Be sure your knuckles are white, or you're not doing it properly. And. Don't. Look. Down.
Well, that won't work. You have to look down at least a few times or you'd miss this:





But once you cross the Continental Divide you're not scaling the wall and you can start breathing again.
And even check out some of the mountain lakes:

Isn't it gorgeous?!






3 comments:
I saw Beth Moore was coming and hoped I would have to come visit our client and could tie it all in. Sad to be from her state and to think of traveling all the way to Montana to see her. I did get to see her in Albuquerque last year though. Those pictures are GORGEOUS!!! Enjoy every minute of the beauty that surrounds you!!!
The Chessers
Have a great weekend!
I think you described travelling in the mountains pretty well for me!! Don't forget that you have to concentrate on the breathing. It keeps the "creepy-crawlies" firmly down where they're supposed to stay in your stomach!
Post a Comment