Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Oh Dear Fiskars!





You are so funny! What you won't do for a good laugh. I'm glad you got a kick out of the letter I sent you about my daughter cutting up house and hair with her Fiskars scissors.



It appears that you laughed yourself silly because among the various goodies you sent were a 24-pack of scissors! Twenty-four! Really?



You must not like me. Was it the letter? Because I really wasn't going to sue you. Or maybe you liked my story so much that you wanted to hear more.



And with 24 pairs of scissors in the house and one 5-year-old crooked banged girl you're looking at a LOT of scissor stories. Not to mention her 2-year-old understudy. Please be sure to add my email address to your safe contacts list to ensure you receive every one.



So by this gesture I take it that you opted against my suggestion to return to the days of the crappy difficult-to-use, hand-cramping, metal scissors. I beg you once more to reconsider.


Sincerely,

Frazzled, Practical Mom


P.S. It appears that after I opened the package I must have fallen over and hit my head because soon I was surrounded by four little mischievous faces and eight little hands gripping scissors in a rainbow of colors. After checking to see if I still had all my hair and socks I realized it must have been a nightmare dream.

If only I had printed out your Learning To Cut worksheet sooner...

3 comments:

MustangChick74 said...

Ohhhh, Sunny Jo!!!! How fortunate for you!!! I'm sure you and your darlings will spend hours of fun!

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

OK, that is awesome! I totally think you should get the 24 out of the house ASAP, though. Maybe the peace offering for J's teacher?

Have fun with your stash.

Sunny said...

Oh yes, Jenni! That's *exactly* what I was thinking!