Friday, May 23, 2008

Friday Five

What is Friday Five? I don't know, I just made it up. Maybe because I had planned on doing the Thursday Thirteen and I missed it.

1) Today was supposed to be Mackenzie's Track & Field day but the school postponed it due to rain. I didn't schedule any tutoring hours today because of it, so this afternoon I'll probably do some much needed cleaning of the house and do some much needed reading to Jessica (the only one who will be here and awake this afternoon). Oh and they rescheduled the Track & Field day for next Thursday, which I have a dentist appointment. So I need to see if I can reschedule that, too. That's always fun.

2) Ok, well I called and guess what? They are closed on Fridays. I wonder if they will be also be closed on Monday because of the holiday. Yikes!

3) Three day weekend ahead!! What will you be doing? Considering it's supposed to only get up into the mid 60's and rainy all weekend, I doubt we'll do any grilling out or much outside stuff. Maybe we'll chill and watch movies. Maybe we'll install a ceiling fan in our bedroom and a switch for the new fan in the living room. Maybe Stan won't be too thrilled with this honey-do list I'm making up right now. Maybe we'll play the Wii. Maybe we'll run through the house in our underwear, singing "Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me." Maybe we'll watch Jake walk around the house with his blanket on his head and running into things. Maybe we'll be full of cabin fever by the time Tuesday rolls around.

4) The reason I have been frequenting the dentist lately is to fix my jaw...or at least relieve the pain and headaches. I'm getting one of those very attractive mouth guards to help. It should look just lovely (at least my family will be the only ones to see it), but I guess if I survived going to school with a bionater contraption in my mouth (much, much, much worse than a retainer...imagine having both top and bottom retainers that are attached to each other so that your teeth stay together...and then try talking that way) and enduring the ridicule of that I can endure another plastic contraption. Word to the wise: if your jaw pops on one or both sides when you open your mouth, go get it looked at. It's a little piece of bone that is being rubbed away or pushed out of place and the only "real" way to pseudo-"fix" it is surgery. No thanks. It may not hurt at first, but it will. And the daily, intense headaches? Not so much fun.

5) If you've read this far, well, bless your heart! I do have some fun stuff coming up. Next week (Tuesday) I'll post a book review...first of many to come. And with this particular review, I'm also doing a giveaway for that book. So after your fun-filled, three day weekend come back and win a free book!

Have a great weekend!!!

1 comment:

amerriman said...

Oh, please send out pictures of your contraption! Thanks for the needed laughs with your blog.Don't check my yet, I only blog once a week. Where do you find the time with 4 kids to keep up with your so much?