I would love to stay and chat and tell you about Jake climbing up the slide the wrong way at the playground and falling and busting his lip and blood gushing everywhere, but I must go.
We've been having SUMMER weather the past few days and according to the weather report, summer is not actually here yet and we shouldn't expect this extravagant summertime treatment much longer. No, no. Meaning - rain and cooler temps are on their way once more.
Montanans are like a colony of ants. When it's cold you won't see many of them out and about (mostly because YOU are not out and about to see if anyone else is out and about, but that's a different story). When it's warm it's like everyone is connected to the same brain wave that makes them chant "Must go outside. Must go outside. Must go outside."
I've wondered what we must look like from the sky. You know...the same view you'd have leaning over an ant bed, watching the ants scurry along without any knowledge of your presence.
Anyway...
I've also been sporadically hard at work clearing the rocks out of the flower bed that I'm insisting on re-doing. You know, those "Flower Power Garden Makeover" posts from so long ago? I'll give an update later in the week when the temps have dropped again and I'm back in front of the computer screen, talking instead of doing.
Jake is okay, by the way. He loves it when he gets to suck on a piece of ice through a plastic baggie. Give him a pacifier or a peanut butter & jelly sandwich and he's fine.
1 comment:
Happy Anniversary! I totally understand about taking advantage of the nice weather. Have fun, we'll be here when it gets cold.
Post a Comment