Yeah, I know. I hear the crickets chirping too because I haven't posted in a while.
But so much exciting stuff has been happening, I just can't wait to tell you. I'm bursting at the seams (or is it seems?).
Ok, #1 - we got our septic tank pumped!! Wooo Hoooooo!!! I know. You're SO jealous. You wish that your septic would back up into your tub, shower, sinks, toilet (the day before overnight guests arrive) so that you too could get it pumped and shell out nearly $300 for that wonderful experience. We've lived here 3 years...and we've had to have it pumped 3 times. Fun stuff, I'm tellin' ya. Sorry I didn't take any pictures of this event to post for you. I know you're bummed.
#2 - made an appointment to get the dog spayed. Doing our animal control duty. We're such responsible people. Ok, so maybe it's so that there will be less idiot-dogs in the world. It's preservation, really. BUT, in true fried mommy brain form, I completely forgot to take her food away the night before so we had to reschedule for next week. Nice.
#3 - made an appointment for Mackenzie to see the orthodontist. Oh no! It's starting! The million dollar teeth. As long as it's not as bad as her mommy's 12-year stint in the orthodontist's chair, we'll be ok. I hope.
#4 - signed the girls up for soccer this fall (because this is the north, y'all...they do alota soccer here). All three of them. On three different teams. This is their first year of soccer, though, and I hope they like it. Oh, that reminds me...I need to get them shin guards.
So you see, it's not like nothin's happening here. It's happening. Thrilling things.
And in other news...
When the girls say, "Hey mom, you know what?"
Why do I desperately want to say, "Chicken butt. You know why? Chicken thigh." ????
Maybe because they say "Hey mom, you know what" at least 999 times a day, give or take a few, and I like seeing them lose their train of thought, replaced with a dumbfounded look on their face.
Is that so bad?
3 comments:
I'm ROFL at that post. Sometimes reading your posts is just like talking to you, and this is one of those times.
Out of the blue one day one of my 4 yr old students asked me "You know what?" and your phrase popped into my head. And you thought I wasn't listening all those years.
Thank you for the laugh!!! That is so funny! And so reassuring to know I am in good company as a mom. You'll have to check out our blog for my day yesterday...sounds somewhat like yours. :-) I need a phrase for just Mooooommmmm! That seems to escalate the longer I wait to answer! We are hoping that my boss sends me to MT this fall to meet with our client so we can catch up with you all! Take Care!
CHICKEN BUTT?!?!?!! At least a million times a day do I fight so desperately to not teach my daughter this!!!!
yea!!! I'm not the only one!
Post a Comment