Friday, August 8, 2008

My Favorite Things - Summer Edition

I did a "favorite things" list back in January but realized it was mostly wintertime faves. I saw that Jenni and Shelly have posted their summertime lists, so I figure it's about time I did too. So here we go, in no particular order.

1. Ice cream! (I agree about the Skinny Cow chocolate ice cream sandwiches!!)

2. Shade! (I love that in Montana even if the sun is scorching, the temp is much cooler in the shade...unlike the southern states)

3. Flip flops

4. Reading

5. Trips to the library so the kids and I can check out books

6. Spray-on sunscreen...and those little sticks of sunscreen that look like large chap stick tubes...perfect for little noses and cheeks.

7. Hiking

8. Watching the kids swim

9. Cool mornings and sometimes needing to wear a jacket in July

10. Air conditioning in the bedrooms at night

11. Watching the snow slowly disappear from the mountain tops

12. Not having to wear layers of clothes

13. Being warm

14. My flower garden

15. Just being outside...since winter is so long you have to soak up the short months of summer when you've got it

1 comment:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

Jackets in July?! I must see this place!