Thursday, August 21, 2008

Wild Animals on the Loose

Yesterday I took the kids to the city nearest "large" town for a fun day. After hitting McDonalds and getting several kisses from Jake (you have to know that he rarely gives out kisses...he must have really appreciated Mickey-D's) we met up with some friends so the kids could play.


It was raining so we met at the Children's Museum (since this is an artsy-fartsy kind of town). The kids and I hadn't been there before and it was a fun kid place. But if you have a migraine, I wouldn't recommend it (thank goodness I took some meds before we got there!).


The kids could play, climb, slide, crawl, dress up, play with a water table, paint, play-doh, beat a headache inducing drum, dig for dinosaur bones, and stand inside a bubble using a bubble ring. There was a construction room and a kitchen room, and an area to paint their faces.


The girls looked through the idea book and picked out which faces they wanted. Rebecca chose a lion. After seeing Rebecca, Jessica chose the same thing. Mackenzie chose a butterfly:






It wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be...as long as I could look at a picture. This was my first face-painting gig. I didn't have my camera with me there (you're shocked, I know) so I took these when we got home. We went out for ice cream afterwards so there was some paint smudging around the mouth area.


Here the butterfly was looking pretty and the lions were growling:


We also went to the carousel, which was actually plan A but it was raining earlier. Several years back a guy said he'd build the old-fashioned carousel as long as no one ever tore it down. (No, I didn't take this picture. It came off of their website.)


I rode it once with Jake. He liked it at first but then he started to fall asleep and I think he bonked his head on the pole and then was ready to get off.


Right then.


The girls rode it a couple more times until I was sure they were sick to their stomach, but they weren't going to admit it.


It was a fun day!


Oh and I got a new vacuum!!! Never thought I'd be excited about a vacuum. I'm sure the girls will love it!

No comments: