Normally it's just be called "Jessica Stories" since she's usually the one providing them all. But this time I have a Jake story too.
Jake likes helping with the laundry. He likes putting clothes in the washer and he likes taking the wet clothes out of the dryer as I'm trying to put them in.
The other day he saw me walking back and forth to the washer with an arm full of dirty clothes, which was his cue to go help. We took turns putting clothes in the washer and as I was putting some more in, he comes walking up with a brand new roll of toilet paper and starts to toss it in as well. (He can just barely reach high enough to toss stuff over the edge.)
Thankfully I was standing right there and gave him a quick lesson on "no-no, that doesn't go in the washer." I started to go get more clothes but had a horrible thought. What if that wasn't the only roll he tried to put in?!
So I hurry to pull out the clothes I'd just added and sure enough, there was another brand new roll of TP underneath them! It was sopping wet. (I thought about taking a picture for the blog, but it looked pretty nasty. That, and just the idea of putting toilet paper on the web just didn't seem right.)
Can you imagine the mess that would have been?! Oh the horror!
Now for two Jessica stories that at first seemed unrelated, but in the end proved to be very related.
Oh and just so you know...they've all been grounded from TV because of their behaviors lately.
Our conversation in the car after we dropped off Rebecca at school:
Jessica: When do we get to watch cartoons again?
Me: When you start acting better.
Jessica (in her most dramatic end-of-the-world voice): Never EVER?!!!!
About an hour later, sitting at the bar at home:
Jessica: How long is it before I turn 10?
Me: About 5 more years. Why?
Pause
Jessica: I'll start acting better when I'm 10.
2 comments:
So cute, he just wanted to help you mom! Carter would do something like that!
I had a friend whose nephew said he would start pooping in the potty when he was 4 but until then he would keep it in his pants...
Kids are amazing! I hope she gets TV before she is 10...bless her heart!
I can think of several things that would make washing toilet paper make sense. I won't say them.
Post a Comment