Sunday, June 29, 2008

Take A Hike

On Monday we went on a hike after Stan got home from work. It's actually a 30 mile hike, but we opted for the first stretch which was 1.5 miles to the waterfalls.

We hadn't been on this trail before so when we got to the waterfalls we weren't really sure that was it. Since we're still in the "spring melt" time, the water is still rushing down the mountains furiously, and it all looks and sounds like waterfalls. So we got there, but didn't know it and kept going.

Finally it was getting late so we went back to the clearing we thought might have been it and had our sack supper we brought. Stan built a little fire and we roasted hot dogs too.

A guy with a bicycle. Yes. A bicycle. On the rough and rocky trail. Anyway, a guy came by walking his bike up the trail and he confirmed that it was indeed the waterfalls.

Upon exploring further...as in right next to a very steep cliff that falls straight down into the rushing water...Stan found that there were actually two waterfalls on each side of a huge boulder. Beautiful!

Of course I forgot the camera in the Bronco so I didn't get a picture. And everyone was really pleased with me when we got back to the bottom and I made them get back on the trail so I could get a fake picture of our hike.

Don't let that smooth path fool you. It only stayed smooth for a short time...then it was all rocks. Rebecca and Jessica went man-down a few times, but they were brave and only cried the last time...out of frustration.



Jessica really wasn't sad or mad or whatever. She just refused to smile. Like daddy.


And to prove that I went too...

1 comment:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

Wow! Y'all have been busy since I was here last!

Every time I make em' fake a picture they all roll their eyes and say, "Are you putting this on the blog?"