Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Jake and Daddy

Stan's favorite place to be in the living room is stretched out on our extra long sofa. He piles up the pillows behind him and has his paci remote control ready to flip channels at the first sign of a commercial (maybe he won't read this post...or maybe I need to fix his favorite dinner tonight; he doesn't like it when I call the remote control his pacifier).

He also has this super ability with his eyes where they look closed, but really they are open. So, when we think he's asleep, he's really not. I'm sure he used that to his advantage when he was in school. But that's beside the point.

Jake's favorite thing to do is act like he's playing somewhere else in the living room, not paying any attention to daddy. Then the second daddy gets up and walks out of the living room, Jake runs as fast as his little legs can paddle and he can't help but giggle the whole way. He climbs up on the recently vacated sofa and lounges back in the exact same position as daddy. If possible, he secures the remote control as well, but sometimes he's too busy giggling to himself to remember it.

Here's the culprit now:



Soon daddy comes back to "discover" someone is in his spot. And Jake can hardly contain himself in that little body for all the excitement. Notice how he spreads out his arms and legs to make himself as big as possible. That's his natural survival instinct kicking in.


But of course daddy will share.




2 comments:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

Oh, that's precious. I love it when their little personalities start to peek out.

Totallyscrappy said...

I love it when they start to plot! And the giggle...